Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

Character Expression

 

This study was influenced by language characters around the world. One of my favorite things about language characters is the expression of line and movement as well as the hidden story. In every study, or thought drawing,  the simple idea is to capture my thoughts in a single image. This is difficult because there are often more than one thought running through my head at a time. I think I am drawn to language characters because of the ability to capture an event, thought, or meaning in one character image. I often think of the Mayan culture or the Japanese culture when I think about language characters, while each culture uses them differently it is interesting to learn the meaning behind the image.  

Medium: Permanent Marker on White Paper with Digital Finishing

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Simply Beautiful!! Really you need to have a show of these some where.