Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Looking Up

There are certain things I love doing simply because they are relaxing. One of my top favorites is simply pausing long enough to enjoy the world around me. The painting I am sharing today is a reflection of these moments but it is also a reflection of who I am. I claim to have grown up a country girl. By all rights I am not sure this is entirely true, however in my heart it is most definitely who I am. While I can't say I ever lived on a farm, I did grow up in small towns and I worked a fair share of my younger years in the hay fields and raising cattle. Some of my fondest memories consist of sitting quietly listening to the wind in the trees and watching the clouds pass by. These moments are the inspiration for this watercolor painting. Watercolor is not a medium I work with very often but I do love experimenting. What I love about this painting is the perspective. I picture myself laying on my back under the tree looking up into the sky. The warm sun shining down as a cool breeze drifts by. A peaceful moment I can loose myself in.

No comments: