Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

You can do anything...

My parents always told me I could do anything if I put my mind to it. I am sure I am not the only one with such great parents. I mention this for a very important reason, which I will get to in a moment. I have been frustrated lately with blogging. I just haven't felt like my blog was personal enough. In my search for uniqueness I have looked high and low, googled, binged, yahooed, and who knows what else to find the answers I was searching for. At first my search was simply to find a free template that screamed "ME!" It was a wasted effort. Then I began to think.......scary, I know...... If I can teach myself how to use excel, create an access database from scratch, edit in adobe photoshop without a manual, and write queries in SQL then I can teach myself how to personalize my blog (all because my parents told me I could do anything if I put my mind to it).

So... I have begun my journey. If you have visited my blog previously you might have already noticed I have made a few changes. I am sure there will be more to come but I am really excited about how this adventure has begun to unfold. I have made it over my first big hurdle and am staggering towards my second but I am sure I will make it, with time.

The first hurdle was, I think, my biggest challenge which is why I chose to conquer it first (why start small?). You could probably guess this hurdle was my blog header. While it is not the most glamorous showstopper out there I think it turned out quite nice. The best part is I was able to use only my photography, how cool is that! For a moment I felt like a real pro. I am starting to get the hang of this blogging business and am excited for the changes I have lined out for my future. I hope you will enjoy them too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I'm pretty new to your blog, but I'm in for the adventure with you. I'll be waiting for your posts in eager anticipation. I love the adventure you are on, and am excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

Dani: What a delightful time I've had going through your blogs. I have new insight to a grandaughter I have always considered quiet, shy and reticent. Everything is wonderful!! Keep up the wonderful artwork!! Didn't realize you were into modern art though. I like it.

Grandma