Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

Family Craft: Painted Garden

This spring I decided I wanted to work on a craft project with my girls. It took me a while to decide which one we were going to do first, but I finally decided we would paint a pot for planting veggies. Since our backyard isn't ready for us to plant a real garden I thought it would be fun to start a planter garden on our deck. The weather cooperated perfectly and we had a blast creating our masterpiece. Maizie said she wanted to do crafts all the time. In my book I would call that a success. 





 Lilly called her painting "Scenery".

 Maizie called her painting "Red and Blue Stripes". 

Our masterpiece is now brightening up a corner of our deck. It is home to three bell pepper plants. 


Project List: Acrylic Paint (assorted colors of you choosing), Terracotta Pot and Base, Paint Brushes, News Paper or Butcher Paper (to keep the mess off your table), Aprons or Smocks (to keep the mess off you), and lots of fun. You might want to use a clear coat sealer after the paint dries, this will help protect your masterpiece from the elements. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing creations by your young artists! :)