Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Mother's Hippo


This was a product of two college art classes. I think I started this as a sophomore and finished it as a senior. The entire time I was painting it my mother kept calling it "that Hippo painting" (for all of you who are confused it really is a rhinoceros). I painted it from a photograph in a National Graphic Magazine. In all the moving we have done since then the page I tore from the Magazine got destroyed. I have been trying to find another copy but haven't had any luck yet. Do you know how hard it is to find a specific picture when you don't know which volume, or date, or even year, it was published in? This is one of those times I wish I had taken better notes, or at least paid better attention.

Medium: Water Mixable Oils on Canvas

No comments: