Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Something Different

Every once in a while I like to try something different. I love branching out and trying different forms of art. It is fun to see what I create, but even better when I find something I really enjoy. I haven't decided how I feel about poetry, however I have written a few pieces. Good or bad it was fun to try. 

When my oldest daughter was born I wrote this poem.

***

She is the image of true beauty 
in body, mind, and spirit.
I am captivated by her, 
as if I am narcissus staring at my own reflection.
I cannot pull myself away, 
afraid she will vanish in an instant.
Her soul is pure and unblemished.
She is a gift to this world, 
              ...entrusted to my care.
I am blessed beyond all measure, 
euphoric, and afraid.
She is my baby, 
my joy, 
my pain, 
my love, 
my future.


No comments: